Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

A busy Psychiatrist & a busy Patient. -- OSHO stories 1

" A very high powered New York Psychiatrist was talking to one of his new patients and he told the patient,
"I am very busy, in fact too busy. It will be good if you can help me. The first interview is always one-sided: you will be telling me all that you want to tell me. If I can get it down and look at it, and study it later on at my own convenience, it will be a great help. So here is the tape recorder. I will leave the tape recorder- put the machine on and talk to the tape recorder. Whatsoever you have to say ....... Say all that you would like to say to me and later on I will listen to it." The Psychiatrist asked: "Are you willing?"

The man said,"Of course. It is perfectly alright."

The tape recorder was put on and the Psychiatrist left, but after just two minutes he saw the man leaving the office. He ran after him, stopped him and said, "So soon? You could not have talked much to the tape recorder."

The man said, "Listen, I am also a very busy man. In fact more busy than you. And you are not the first psychiatrist I have consulted. Go back to the consulting room and you will see sitting just by the side of your tape recorder my small dictaphone- talking to the tape recorder."

Osho continues his explanation.

Knowledge is just like this. Nobody is present: dictaphones talking to tape recorders. Your mind is just a tape recorder and scriptures are old dictaphones- an old medium, but still the same. Somebody has said something, it is recorded there. Then you read it and it becomes recorded in your own tape recorder. But there is no personal touch.
Knowing is personal, knowledge mechanical. Through a mechanical approach you can never come to discover the reality, the truth. It is going to be a dead affair. You will attain much information, but you will never attain to transformation.

You may come to know many things, but you will never know the thing which needs to be known: the being that you are and the being that surrounds you - and that which surrounds you is the same as that which is within you. A deep personal contact is needed."

........source - Come follow to You - by OSHO.

No comments:

Post a Comment