Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

20 quotes that are simply motivating- compiled by john anyasor


As quotes regularly motivate and inspire us, I’ve compiled a list of 20 quotes (most of which I’ve never heard of before). I’ll let the quotes do the rest of the talking. Enjoy!


1. We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore excellence is not an act, but a habit. –Aristotle

2. “Really great people make you feel that you, too, can become great.” Mark Twain

3. “The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.” Michelangelo

4. “As a well spent day brings happy sleep, so a life well spent brings happy death.” Leonardo da Vinci

5. “Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal.”E. Joseph Cossman

6. “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.”


7. “I would much rather have regrets about not doing what people said, than regretting not doing what my heart led me to and wondering what life had been like if I’d just been myself.” Brittany Renée

8. “You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.”Rabindranath Tagore

9. “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” Oscar Wilde

10. “The one who smiles rather than angers is always stronger.” David Schary

11. “If you only do what you know you can do- you never do very much.”Tom Krause

12. “Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish.” John Jakes

13. To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are.”

14. “We have no right to ask when a sorrow comes, ‘Why did this happen to me?’ unless we ask the same question for every joy that comes our way.”

15. “Example is not the main thing in influencing others, it is the only thing.” Albert Schweitzer


16. What is not started today is never finished tomorrow.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

17. “To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.”Donald Laird

18. “Everyone is trying to accomplish something big, not realizing that life is made up of little things” Frank A. Clark

19. “I still feel like I gotta prove something. There are a lot of people hoping I fail. I like that. I need to be hated.” Howard Stern

20. “Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.” James Dean


courtesy: http://hilife2b.com/blog . Read the blogs in this site, and get inspired. Quotes reveal to us a hitherto unknown horizon and the brevity in expressing familiarise an unknown continent. With deep felt gratitude I post this.

No comments:

Post a Comment